Thursday, February 14, 2008

Queen for the day

We never really made Valentine's plans because after five years of not really doing anything (see earlier blog post), why start now? I figured we'd pick up some take out for dinner and call it a day. However, Craig scored some major Cupid points over the lunch hour. I came home for a quick bite to find my Valentine: a CD of Queen's Greatest Hits. Yes, I'm a closet Queen fan, and I only realized it late last year. To top it off, there was a bonus surprise ... a Wii! This was something we had intended to be an anniversary gift to ourselves back in November, but due to high demand by Santas across the globe, there was no Wii to be found. So here we are with good tunes and fun games to play tonight, and over the course of our one hour break, Craig starts feeling congested, weak and feverish. So much for what could have been the best Valentine's Day ever. Looks like we're destined not to celebrate.

Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Carrie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I challenge you to a “Bohemian Rhapsody” karaoke stand-off, for I too am a closet Queen. I mean closet Queen fan. Except without the closet part. Okay, okay! I’m a Queen fan. I have the original “Flash Gordon” soundtrack on vinyl if you’d like to borrow it.

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

This ranks right up there with your trip to the X Files convention—although it does explain your black and white unitard.