Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Time flies when you've got the flu.

No … not really. In fact, when you have the flu, time actually seems to stop. You know those times in your life when you wish everything would just freeze so you could enjoy that moment forever? Well, the next time you feel one of those moments coming on, lick a doorknob or something—then, weeks later when you're curled up in the fetal position, moaning because it feels like someone is shoving toothpicks in your ears, you can still be enjoying that moment (as long as the wailing and moaning doesn't distract you from the aforementioned enjoyment).

So, today is day five and a half of my life with the flu. Most of the symptoms have now subsided, but I just don't have any energy which means I've spent most of the day sleeping in the spare bedroom bookended by Zoe Nightingale and her disorderly.

Work at this point is sounding really good. Of course if I went, that would mean I would have to DVR Tyra and it's just not the same when you do it that way.

1 comment:

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

For the record, I am not the disorderly. That would be Luka.
-Carrie