Monday, April 14, 2008

Would a cat do this?

This story on ABC News pretty much sums what makes the human-dog relationship so special.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4633822&affil=kgo

To give you the Reader's Digest version, a dog runs away at the exact moment his owner dies (ignoring his electric shock collar) only to show up two-and-half days and six miles later at his owner's funeral.

I'd like to think that Zoe and Luka would do the same for me, but I'm not so sure. When I just about passed out mowing the yard a couple of summers ago, all Zoe did was drop her ball on my face as I laid motionless on the front porch. Now, if they buried me with her ball …

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would expect that out of Zoe, but a wiener dog? Come on! They say golden retrievers can predict epileptic seizures and alert their owners to sit down. Dogs are amazing!

shayna

Anonymous said...

This was posted in a comment on current.com http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5637

I'd never heard this story before.

Craig