Friday, September 19, 2008

What happens behind the cloth curtain, stays behind the cloth curtain.

After I posted on Wednesday, I was able to get in over lunch to see my physical therapist—a guy I've gotten to know way too much over the past couple of years and a guy, who after Wednesday's appointment, is now way too familiar with me. After checking to make sure I hadn't fractured my pelvis, my "treatment" involved a slathering of gel followed by a long, emotionally uncomfortable ultrasound massage. Once that was over, I had electrodes placed on the injured area that were weighted down by an enormous bag of ice. All around, it was a good time. I should have just had him go ahead and check me for a hernia while he was at it.

I have seen some improvement though, so hopefully it's all worth it. Or maybe I'm just psyching myself up for today's follow-up appointment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not laughing! Really, I'm not! Have you tried kinesio tape? that stuff is awesome. Probably not ideal for this specific injury site though... good luck! shayna

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

You're not laughing? You probably should be. Maybe I didn't paint a vivid enough picture for you.

And no, I haven't tried the kinesio tape yet, but I have a feeling it won't look as cool on my injury as it did on Kerry Walsh during the Olympics.

Anonymous said...

So, we're dying to hear the end of the story. Were you able to run? If so, how did it go? Any Lindeman family records broken?