Friday, December 5, 2008

Babygate … and not the good kind

I hate to say it, but I think our poll has been compromised. Someone who must have had some sort of insider information (and you know who you are) changed their vote to feel better about their apparent lack of baby picking prowess.

Therefore I guess we have no other option but to now reveal the results of yesterday's sonogram.

While we had fully intended on having the technician write the sex of the kid down on a card so that we could open it at a later, more intimate time, all of that went out the window as soon as the jelly hit Carrie's belly.

First of all, we're very happy to say that everything looked good. All of the necessary parts were there and appeared to be working just as they should be. In fact, the images were extremely clear and the technician spent several extra minutes just "playing around" to see what she could see. (Apparently Carrie swallowed a quarter when she was three.) As for the big question, we're happy to announce that little baby Gertrude will have to be born to someone else because we're having ourselves a little boy.

The following pictures don't provide any photographic evidence, you'll just have to take our word for it.



OK, this last one is a little scary, but so is the idea of us having a kid.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Cole and baby Lindeman will be close enough in age that they can be little friends. Do you think they will both go to MU and pledge some lame fraternity? :)

WZ

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

We can only hope! And what are the chances these boys are going to be lifelong Harry Connick Jr. fans? I'm afraid he may get picked on if I drag him to a concert.

Anonymous said...

Is he really yawning? That seems insane, yawning underwater! Crazy, that whole uterus thing. Anyway, for the record, I did NOT rig the poll. I voted girl twice. I admit it. And yes, I am a sore loser.
Shayna

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

That's OK, I voted boy twice, not because I really had any strong convictions—I just wanted to even things out a bit.

Project Denneler said...

So, Cooter Lindeman it is!
Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Carrie really swallowed a quarter when she was 3????
I stick by my original thought...he looks just like his beloved Mimi (gma Mickey:)