Monday, December 15, 2008

Sweet success


Our friend Molly had her fifth annual cookie swap this weekend, and every year I go home with a plate full of various cookies and my hopes high that maybe next year will be the year I'll go home with a prize for one of the best cookies. The cookie swap is always a fun time to get together with the girls, load up on sugar and participate in a little friendly competition for one of the elaborate prizes awarded for three categories: best tasting cookie, best decorated cookie and most unique cookie.

After we all go around the table and sample bite-size pieces of everything from the traditional sugar cookie to aunt Betty's fudge, we cast our votes and then fill up on more food and warm drinks. This year, when it was time to announce the winners, I never expected to hear my cookie called. I tried a new recipe I found online earlier in the week and there was some stiff competition. But in the category of "most unique" cookie, my chocolate candy cane entry won! Now, I'm not sure if "most unique" is exactly a good thing or not, but hey, it's a win. And I owe Craig a big thanks for helping shape the cookies and drizzling the icing with perfection. Lucky for him, he gets to help me make more next week for family and friends.

3 comments:

Project Denneler said...

Congrats Carrie! I'm proud of my little baker. (Let me guess, you didn't use whole wheat flour this year?)

Anonymous said...

And, they tasted as good as they looked. Congratulations on the big win!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Betty Crocker!