Monday, April 20, 2009

There's no sugar coating this

As pregnancies go, mine seems to be going fairly easy. I never found myself staring into the toilet or popping Tums to soothe heartburn. I haven't had issues sleeping (Craig, on the other hand, has had to deal with something I recently picked up ... snoring) and I haven't had any weird cravings or lost my appetite. But there is one thing I've been dealing with the last couple of weeks that would make Big Foot proud. Yep, it appears all the recent weight gain is either going to the belly or the feet. The belly I can work with, but the swollen ankles, feet and toes are another story. It's hard enough to bend over to get the shoes on, but now I can't even tie them. They don't make laces long enough. Lucky for me, the weather is warming up and the days to the big finale are counting down so it's getting easier to explain why I'm wearing flip flops to a client meeting.

Are you sure you can stomach this?

There's no turning back if you keep scrolling down.

You asked for it.



If you're still reading at this point, the least I can do is share the latest update on the timing of little Lindy's arrival. The official due date is this Saturday, and if he doesn't choose to make an appearance on his own by this weekend, they're inducing me first thing next Monday. The little guy's baby book finally arrived in the mail today (nothing like last minute planning on my part!) and I'm wondering if there's an ink pad big enough to not only capture his little footprint but mine right next to it.

Stay tuned!

Carrie

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh - that looks so uncomfortable!!!! Just think -- it will be gone in a week! Shayna

big sis said...

Ouch! I hope Craig is giving you plenty of big foot rubs.

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

I'm not touching those things!

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby

Soak in cool water. Put on some cucumber or mint creme.

ELEVATE and REST.

My heart goes out to you.

Barbie

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby

Soak in cool water. Put on some cucumber or mint creme.

ELEVATE and REST.

My heart goes out to you.

Barbie

Anonymous said...

They are bigger than Dubby's head!! Please tell me they go back to normal:)

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! This time next week you will have a baby! :)

I'm so excited for you both. You will make a great mommy and daddy.

Good luck - we're with you in spirit cheering you on!

The Zeilers

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your feet. Yikes, you must have gotten your feet from the "Howard"-side. (I would have remembered if mine had swelled that much, but then, "they" always say you forget about all the pain and discomfort from childbirth shortly after you deliver that beautiful baby.) I say thank God your doc is going to induce just to end the misery for your feet. Rest and keep those feet up, up,up.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure a "foot print" in his baby book would really do them justice. I say, insert this photo in his baby book so he will know how much you've sacrificed for him right from the start!
Mom

Unknown said...

Oh Carrie. Your poor tootsies. Thank God for flip flops. Lots of baths and elevate above your heart. You're almost to the finish line! (Then the real marathon begins....:-)

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!!!

The AZ Zs said...

They will go back to normal... no worries. I will be thinking of you this weekend. :) Enjoy meeting baby Lindy for the first time. I am so excited for you both.
Lori Z.