Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crib Notes: Month 1



Before we had Park, every mom warned me that the weeks following his birth would fly and I wouldn't get anything accomplished unless it included caring for the baby. Now I get it. Take this post, for example. I intended to have weekly updates, but the last time I wrote was after week one (a day late, even) and now I can't even get this first month recap done in time. Like I've done with pretty much everything else lately, I'll just have to let this go, too.

So before the little tyke wakes up to eat yet again (I hear him in there laughing in his sleep), I'd sum up the first month with Park as lots of learning experiences: Learning that what worked to soothe him one night doesn't work the next. Learning that not all shopping carts hold a car seat and you have to improvise. Learning to trust my mommy instincts. Learning that I'm no longer in control of my schedule. Learning to type one-handed ... and the list goes on.

11 hours, four wet diapers and one blow-out later ...


Before any more interruptions can prevent this from finally getting posted, here's a brief look at the last month at the Lindeman house. A few highlights are missing here, but by the time I get those photos downloaded, we'll be celebrating month 2.

Aunt Erin had fun styling Park's hair after bath time.


Craig, Park, Zoe and Luka enjoy long walks in the evening.


Our first Mother's Day.


Looks like we're buying a third seat to the basketball games this year.


Park meets cousin Hagen. This is one time out of three days where Park's eyes were actually open.


Stay tuned to see what happens in month two. Hopefully sooner than later.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics Carrie! He's adorable, and he looks so grown up with all that hair! Congrats on completing your 1-month post. I think we're 3 or 4 months delinquent on ours at this point. You've inspired me to turn it around for the 10 month mark!

Anonymous said...

Carrie you're doing a GREAT job at being mommy to Park. Hopefully the little guy won't hold it against me when he's a teenager and looks back at the funny hair comb I gave him:) paybacks are coming in December, although I doubt this little boy/girl will have that much hair!
enjoy your weekend, love ya!

Anonymous said...

he's still a beautiful baby boy!

Was he trying to pull Hagen's ear or smack her on the cheek?

Love the litle shirt.
Grandma Mickey/Mimi

madison marie said...

Don't worry, I don't think we even started our blog until Madison was 6 months old.
Very cute pics! Can't wait to meet him.
Amy

Anonymous said...

I am the Grandma and I am not a bit prejudice, BUT my grandchildren are the most beautiful. YOU DO AGREE,DO YOU NOT?

Ok, I will have to give in just a little. All grandmas think this.

14344
Gma Barbie

Anonymous said...

I am the Grandma and I am not a bit prejudice, BUT my grandchildren are the most beautiful. YOU DO AGREE,DO YOU NOT?

Ok, I will have to give in just a little. All grandmas think this.

14344
Gma Barbie

Anonymous said...

It is unanimous with Park's gmas!
he is adorable.