Thursday, July 16, 2009

Having one of these days.


I post this today, not because it was one of my favorite books growing up, but because, when you get right down to it, today has just sucked.

So far today I have:
1) Woke up too late to run which forced me to do a hellish weight workout down in the basement.
2) Had a minor "incident" with the Wichita State Campus Police (Wu Cops) — no, I didn't get drug off to Wu jail but that might have been kind of fun.
3) Spilt an entire glass of water on my desk and keyboard
4) Spent two and a half hours filling out seemingly redundant state paperwork only for my computer to die
5) Took said computer to the shop where I was informed it would be at least a week before they got to it
6) Was reminded of my immortality by an life insurance salesmen
7) Stressed about said immortality and the state of my affairs over lunch
8) Spilt pudding on my pants

All of this and it's only 3:00.

***UPDATE: It's now 4:45 and the hits just keep coming, I fully expect to go home and find a roofless house.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the day is young...hope it slows down!- Erin

Anonymous said...

don't worry about your immortality, I know a good hospice:)

Curt said...

Looks like Park needs to use an attitude aspirator on you!

1. - You could have pulled your achilles tendon on the run. Karma was looking out for you.
2. - Wu cops = mall cops without the cool segway.
3. - You could have spilled your daily 10:30 am beer on the computer. How would you have explained that?
4. - The paperwork kept you from your daily 11:00 am beer.
5. - Saving you from the redundant state paperwork.
6. - Thereby reminding you to live every day to its fullest, and not sweat the small stuff.
7. - See 6.
8. - Pudding on your pants is better than pudding in your pants.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should move to Australia.

Anonymous said...

Who eats pudding? Cookies don't spill...
cheer up! It's Friday!
Shayna

Unknown said...

Dag blasted mortality. Cursed life insurance salesman. That's the kind of guilt that forced us to write wills. Lucky for Park, his future will soon be secured with proceeds from The Big Black Dog and the Big Blue Sea! I hope nobody else in the family has terrible horrible no good days for a good long while.

Anonymous said...

U2 ?

Becky said...

I agree with drinking beer at 10am rather than water!