Monday, November 9, 2009

Sabado Gigante

Saturday turned out to be a pretty big day for the whole Lindeman family.

First off, I had my big book signing for "The Big Black Dog and the Big Blue Sea" at Watermark Books here in Wichita and the event exceeded all of my expectations (thanks to reserve sales, I sold out of all of the copies I had within 18 minutes and as result had several people place orders).

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported us, Joey and I really appreciated it.



Then, after a few naps, Carrie and I took Park to his very first Wichita State basketball game. We'd been talking about it for at least a year, so it was weird to actually be carrying him into the arena. The little guy did great in spite of tip off coming right at bedtime and a huge assortment of new, extremely loud sounds (the next time we go we may need some headphones or ear plugs).



As Ice Cube would say, it was a good day.

3 comments:

Curt said...

What a great day! We wish we could have been there with you.

He looks so cute in his little jacket at the game.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there with you during the day. Everything seemed to go VERY well. See you Wednesday.

Dad

Anonymous said...

We were thinking and missing all of you.

First are great things to remember.

It was probably good Gpa Sam was not at Parks first experience at WSU bball game. He would never go near him again.

43