Monday, March 28, 2011

Nothing in this house is safe.



Room by room. Closet by closet. Pile by pile. I am slowly making my way through this house and getting rid of stuff -- stuff that has accumulated and is taking up precious space that we need. (Is it just me, or do the toys get bigger as the kid gets bigger? And why am I hanging on to clothes that I haven't worn in years? I really doubt I'll have a need for a "Don't hassle the hoff" t-shirt again. And yes, there was a need for it three years ago.)

I got much more done last week when the weather was nice and the fresh air coming through the windows gave us all spring fever. Unfortunately, this week's snow flurries and lack of sunshine has slowed down my progress. But still, I'm determined to make it through the five hot spots as part of "project: simplify!" I discovered the Simple Mom blog awhile back and am trying my best to go along with her decluttering process. While I skipped over hot spot #2 (the office and our biggest clutter magnet), I promised myself I'd go back and tackle that one at the end. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a full-blown attack on our pantry, spices and fridge this week. Nothing is safe. Not even the five-year-old nutmeg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five year old nutmeg really needs to go (wonder how old my nutmeg is??). When you get done there, please come to my house and declutter!
Mom

Jenna said...

Oh, I need to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Show off, I just started when life changed my progress. Curts room is the proof and sorry to say it will remain that way for weeks to come.

Five year old Nutmeg--did you look to see what was living in it: