Friday, March 18, 2011

Read any good books lately?

Seriously. I need something to read. The NCAA tournament is too depressing (I'm still mourning the waste of a Shocker team loaded with more talent that 75% of those in the field), no matter how many cotton balls I stuff into my ears American Idol is insufferable and frankly I couldn't care less who ends up with the bachelor.

That pretty much leaves me with Property Virgins; American Pickers and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and as hard as the networks those shows are on may try, they just can't be on around the clock.

So, if you've read anything good lately, let me know. Outside of the books about social media, marketing and running that I've been reading lately, I'm pretty much open to anything. Well, maybe not anything, if it has either a shirtless Fabio or a warlock of some sort on the cover, you can keep it to yourself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I have heard great things about it. and - it is tangentially about running. Pretty engaging so far! Also, I liked War by Sebastian Junger (about Afghanistan) and Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick (about N Korea) The rest of my recs are fiction. Shayna

Craig, Carrie, Park, Zoe and Luka said...

Those sound pretty heavy, need a little escapism from the world, what fiction do you recommend?

Unknown said...

We are reading The Story at church... It is the Bible but reads like a novel... very eye opening.

Anonymous said...

Don't knock "Fabio"/romance novel until you read one:)

Might check Lori's book out...the bible is full of sin, sex, blood & guts kind of stories.
Mickey

Anonymous said...

Twilight series. seriously. LOVED it!- Erin

Anonymous said...

Okay, fiction - "ROOM" is so awesome.
Shayna