Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Being productive? Here, let me take care of that.

Recently (the past two to three years or so) I've become pretty passionate about the world of social media. I truly believe it's the present—and future of … well … everything (for better or worse). And as weird as this may sound coming from an advertising guy, I'm convinced that it has effectively killed advertising. There's no getting this genie back in the bottle, no one is ever going to want to be less connected than they are right now. It's all about engagement from here on out.

OK, enough lecturing, instead, let me just do what social media is all about and "share."

Through all of the stuff I read in books and online, I'm constantly stumbling upon new (or at least new to me) social media outlets. The latest of which is appropriately named StumbleUpon. Basically you tell the site what kinds of things you're interested in and then it feeds you websites, or just pages within sites, you never would have found on your own. It's kind of like a mix between a search engine and Pandora. Sure there are some misses but more often than not, you'll find something that's right up your alley and before you know it … crap, it's 5:00.

Here is a sampling of what StumbleUpon pulled for me this afternoon.







Ah … pretty … and inspiring.














Four dogs napping in a sunbeam
… like it.













Always looking for a new recipe (to pass on to Carrie).













So what is the deal with the chocolate grinder?













Good in concept, but if Train came on my iPod I would probably run into traffic.











We really, really need to plan a vacation.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm not sure if you enjoy a good business book, but I just picked up The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk and am enjoying it so far.

Anonymous said...

Love the dogs.