Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling sucker punched

They say bad things happen in 3's, and after the last two weeks I believe it. I've heard enough bad news about loved ones (and even a complete stranger) to last a long time.

It started with having to put the family dog down we've had since my junior year in college. Brutus. Such a big name for a little guy. Even though he was 45-pounds smaller than Zoe and Luka, he didn't seem to notice. And he got so excited when Park came to visit.

The same day we said goodbye to Brutus, we got a call that my aunt (my dad's sister) in Phoenix had had a stroke. And today we learned that my great uncle (grandma's brother) has inoperable cancer. In the midst of the Howard family crisis, I learned that a little girl (5-years-old) I only met through a friend's blog is losing her battle with cancer. It's all so heartbreaking and such a good reminder not to take a day for granted. Hug your loved ones. I know I will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie! Hang in there...thinking of you. Shayna

Anonymous said...

This is when we dig deep and find strength from God and comfort from loved ones. Mimi

Jenna said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry to just find out you were going through all of this last week. Hang in there.

Curt said...

Carrie,

I just read this. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Curt

The AZ Zs said...

Every moment is special. Hug your family tight. :) Hannah is in heaven tonight having a great time, rest assured she has painted the place pink.

Anonymous said...

I have learned that you can not wake up each day and take it for granted. We must not procrastinate, waiting to do and accomplish something.

So what if I got a lemon a few weeks ago. I learned that I am not infallable, so I made lemonade.

Funny how things make you strong and appreciate the smallest things.
A hug, a smile, thank you and I love you, can go so far in making someone feel valuable. I learned that there are people suffering some old, some young, very young.
We can add value to their lives.

I have no time for whinning about what could have been.

So my heart goes out to the Howard family for their loss and pray for
for the others.

43barbie