Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We're still here. Are you?

You know it's been too long since you've blogged when you can't remember your log-in name and password. Another sign you've neglected the blog: Your husband threatens to shut it down. But with baby #2 on the way (due to arrive in 30 days), I would feel like a horrible mother if I didn't use the blog as an outlet to share the second kid's milestones, challenges and mundane activities like I did with the first kid (which reminds me, is anyone out there reading this?). So here I am, blogging while everyone else is passed out in the house and I'd much rather be sleeping while I can. Those days are numbered.

In order to keep the peace, I'm going to make it my mission (dare I say "resolution") to blog regularly. Starting today: January 1. We have some blog-worthy stories, videos and pictures that need to be shared from 2012. Those will come soon. (Another "resolution" is to save those from the camera/phone.) The year wasn't a complete bust, but the first half definitely could've used a do-over. The good news is that we survived and are anxious to see how much better 2013 can be. It won't take much.

So while I try and remember what it's like to blog again, I'll leave you with this: a bad photo of really bad handwriting and spelling on my birthday cake from two days ago. Craig made a special outing to the bakery with Park to pick out the cake. Apparently everything was going well until the "decorator" handed the cake back to Craig. The guy didn't mention he wasn't a decorator (or decent speller) until this point. Still, it tasted great and I love that Park picked out all the colors and the message. I also find it hilarious that Craig didn't have the heart to tell the guy about his mistakes ... and he went through the self check-out lane to avoid anyone else seeing it.



Happy New Year and we hope you'll continue reading. We'll be here!

Carrie (aka Momy)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally something new to read!

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors! Good job, Park.

Sam said...

Yes, we do read your blog and hope it appears often in 2013. "A GOOD YEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved it all. The stories are so much fun to read. Thanks for taking the time to share all the family fun, and I look forward to this exciting month as it brings more news. Aunt Sandy

Jenna said...

Gosh,I feel like they should have paid Craig to TAKE the cake! Please keep updating. Those of us from afar want to keep up!