Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Four years fly when you're having fun

This is the guy I married four years ago today. The same guy I dated for 9 years (patiently), befriended for four awkward high school years, and stalked for one year (it was a harmless 8th grade crush, really). Lucky me, my persistance paid off. But instead of boring you with 18 years worth of stories from our past, I thought I'd share some of the highlights of the last four years of marriage.

- Riding what was an equivalent to a go-kart on water just one hour after our wedding in Florida (there went the hair-do)

- Surviving a miserable honeymoon and laughing about it now

- Sanding, patching, and painting every wall and piece of trim in our house (sometimes more than once)

- Training and running our first marathon together -- well, at least within a half mile from each other

- U2. Front Row. 30th Birthday. Miami.

- Learning how to live with only the clothes on our backs in the middle of the ocean

- Discovering the joy of yard work together (it's a work in progress)

- Making goals and plans for the years to come

Happy anniversary to us.
Carrie

2 comments:

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

I really wish we had that Planet of the Apes figurine.

Unknown said...

Hooray! Congratulations on #4, or #18, depending on how you count it. Here's to many, many more.