Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turkey Time

We had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. First of all, Craig and I got to spend the evening of our wedding anniversary playing the 1960s version of Trivial Pursuit with the Howard family. I'm thankful I was able to get at least one answer right (even if it was a guess). The next morning, Dad, Craig and I lined up at the starting line for the Sprint Thanksgiving Family Walk and Run for the fourth year in a row. Before the gun went off, Craig realized his iPod shuffle was missing. I'm thankful he found it back in the car (and was able to get to the car and back to the start line in time to run the race). He still passed me and had his best time ever. This year might be the biggest family get-together the Howard family has had in a while. Dad and his four siblings (and their spouses) were in KC to celebrate together. We also had Erin's fiance, Scott, and his daughter, Kailey, join us for their first Howard Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for all the time we had to catch up with family and that Erin has found her match. I'm also thankful that Kailey isn't grossed out by slobbery tennis balls. Zoe loved playing outside with her. But I think Kailey enjoyed eating turkey right off the bone more. After having pancakes with our friends Whitney and Chris and their two adorable kids, we headed back to Wichita and had a belated Thanksgiving dinner with Sam and Barbie (Craig's parents) that Friday. I'm thankful that Whitney and I have stayed in touch long after our one semester together at MU, and I'm thankful that Sam and Barbie were up for trying something new and going out in the snow, that their crazy puppy Kobe was excited to see us, and that they sent us home with their yummy chocolate peanut clusters. For those family and friends we didn't see over the holiday, we hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the only answer that you got at trivial pursuit "the SS Minnow"?

Had fun at the party. Glad we got to share Thanksgiving with you guys

Sandy & Bob