Thursday, December 20, 2007

sew and tell: butterfly bag

Almost 12 months with my sewing machine and I finally have something worth showing for it. Here's a bag I made for Kailey for Christmas. I lucked out and found fabric that not only was green (her favorite color) but also had butterflies (her favorite insect). I used the butterfly print for the outside of the bag and the solid green for the inside of the bag. As for the handles and inside pocket, I found this cute polka dot print that had the same pastel colors in the butterfly print. To top it off, I filled the bag with what every six-year-old should have: Hello Kitty lip gloss, green butterfly earrings, and a butterfly puzzle. I think I might have gone overkill on the green/butterfly theme, but the squeals we heard on the phone when Kailey opened it tells me we did OK.

Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie-
You inspire me! I've used my sewing machine maybe 4 times in the 6 years I have had it and I have tons of material and patterns I purchases and have never used. I'm going to get crackin'! Thanks for being the wonderful you!!

Whitney