Monday, December 31, 2007

Whoop dee do, I'm 32

I'm not carded anymore when I buy alcohol. I have no problem renting a car. And I don't qualify for MTV's "Real World" anymore. As of yesterday, I'm now 32 -- somewhere between a 20-something trying to find myself and a 40-year-old making the climb down that dreaded hill. While the celebrations kicked off earlier this week when we were in KC, Craig helped me officially celebrate the day by doing some of my favorite things:

1. Working out. While this really is nowhere near one of my favorite things, I accomplished one of my birthday wishes while running a few miles around the track ... Craig didn't pass me! Yes, I might've been going a little faster than usual, but I also strategically planned my start so that Craig would have a good full lap before he could catch up to me. So what if I only ran 2 miles and Craig was saving his endurance for 10. Eat my dust.

2. Brunch at Piztros. After burning off all those calories, we refueled at Piztros for brunch. French toast, gourmet pizzas, chocolate fountain and made-to-order crepes. Does it get any better?

3. Movie. Jennifer Garner. Awesome soundtrack. Yep, I'm talking about "Juno." The movie was artistic, the dialogue was witty, and the soundtrack is soon to be on my iPod. See it as soon as you can.

4. Shopping. I ditched Craig and did a little shopping in search of some cruise wear. I was also reminded why I rarely go to the mall.

5. More food: dinner at Luciano's. There's this quaint little Italian restaurant in Mulvane (south Rock Road) that we can't wait to take some out-of-town guests to when they visit.

6. Run for the Border. Borders, that is. What else do two old fuddy-duddies do when they have gift cards to burn?

7. Let there be cake. Our last stop of the night was at Dillons where we found a cute little two-serving birthday cake (candle included!). I'm so old.

So it may not have been a crazy day, but it was everything this 32-year-old (and my waistline) could handle. Thanks to all for the e-cards, mailed cards and phone calls with serenading. And thanks to Craig for putting up with the old lady another year.

Carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this sounds like a great day! Hey, 2 miles would be a marathon for me...

Happy birthday!
shayna