Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'll take a refund on my flu shot, thank you

It's Tuesday, or "Day 6 of recovering from the flu" as I like to call it. While I could easily complain about how achy and feverish and congested I was for the past week, I was so darn lucky not to have any symptoms associated with the stomach. You know what I'm talking about. Regardless, I don't know what good the flu shot was that I got three months ago. Of all the flu strains out there, I had Influenza A -- which sounds like the most basic type of flu to me -- the most basic type of flu that you think the FLU SHOT would prevent someone from getting. Then again, I'm no doctor. And I'm certainly not complaining. Nope. And while I'm not complaining about being so sick that I was sequestered to the spare room for the week, missed two Shocker games (which may have been a blessing) and was forced to watch bad TV show after bad TV show (Did anyone else watch the Miss. America pagent? In my defense, they are modernizing it.), I do want to give a shout out to two special individuals in the house that kept life moving. Craig earned first place as Super Husband for taking over in the kitchen, cleaning the house, and being a good sport through it all. Zoe also earned special honors. The girl is so faithful, I can't remember how many times I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat or trying to breathe and I'd open my eyes to find her head on my pillow. She's our little "Zoe Nightingale."

So I'm back among the living now. And I'm hoping my return to Koch Arena will be enough to help the Shocker men out tonight. It's been a rough season, but again, I'm not complaining.

Carrie

No comments: