Thursday, January 10, 2008

sew and tell: luggage tags



Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a personalized luggage tag. That was my big project for the family this year. It seemed like the perfect gift with all the trips planned for 2008: the Lindeman family cruise, Erin and Scott's honeymoon, dad's 60th birthday getaway with mom ... I actually came across the template and instructions on a blog several months ago. I then looked for fabric that I thought reflected each family member's personality. While I could've stopped there and just made fabric tags sure to make black suitcases standout on airport conveyor belts across the world, I went out of my comfort zone and headed to the vinyl aisle. Did you know you can sew vinyl? Even at my skill level. So I went the extra step and added the vinyl to the tags so that you could slide in a piece of paper with all the contact information. The final touch was the ribbon for tying the tag to the handle. And there you have it: the gift that keeps on giving you a shout as you enter baggage claim.

Happy travels.

Carrie

No comments: