Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back on track


Just as we've been bad about not blogging for a week or two, I've also taken a break from long-distance running since January - ever since I ran the 5k in Houston at my record time. No, my time wasn't so good that I needed 7 months to recover, I just haven't been inspired. But all this is turning around.

We promise to blog more (if you promise to comment), and I've hit the pavement three weekends in a row for runs worthy of a couple water stops. The best run of all was this past Sunday. It rained the entire run - just light enough that I couldn't tell I was sweating - and it had rained more than 24 hours the day before. My shoes here are proof. When I tried to dodge the big puddles on the sidewalk, I ended up in the swampy grass. It was awesome. And even though I'm not yet to the 10 miles Craig barely broke a sweat over this weekend, there's nothing like having mud covering your shoes and splattered up on your legs to make you feel like a runner.

Carrie

4 comments:

Shannon said...

We were right there with you with the wet shoes. We set out Saturday morning to run 8. First 7 had intermittent light rain and the last mile was a downpour. Blisters on our feet show just how sloshy our shoes got. Loving these lower temps though!

Are you running the half or training for something else?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't doing any running nor do I plan to but I did want to comment only to tell you that even though I don't comment that often, know that I am checking your blog at least every other day so I can keep up with what you're doing. You are not blogging for nothing - I'm out here reading every post!

Whitney

Anonymous said...

Carrie - sounds like you need to get on the wait list for the Houston 1/2 marathon. They just sent out an email encouraging people who aren't going to run to cancel so those on the wait list can sign up. A Quatro Lindeman 1/2 marathon would be a puking good time. We'll find someone to shuttle Baby Lindeman around the course to cheer us on. Or, I may be too ambitious and you can take my spot...

And, note that I'm reading, too and miss you guys when you take a hiatus. If I don't post often enough, it is because I'm just not as funny or clever as you and Craig and use too many exclamation points!

Anonymous said...

Run some for me, please!