Thursday, January 8, 2009

How do you spell birthday fun? G-U-M-M-Y


Most of you know I have a bit of a thing for gummy candy. Worms or bears, fruity or sour. I'm not too picky (but I do have my favorites). So, in keeping with tradition, my team at work brought treats this week to help me celebrate my birthday since the office was closed last week. Lucky me, not only did we celebrate one day, but the treats got spread out over three days. While they were all equally tasty, the most interesting and interactive was the gummy ABCs. Now, I think I'm pretty much a gummy connoisseur, but I hadn't come across these letters before. Not only were they fruity and the right consistency, but they were lots of fun spread out on a board to make words with. On the other hand, they weren't so appetizing knowing they had been manhandled.

In other gummy news, I just discovered this #1 hit, "I am a gummy bear." I was so worried our kid would only grow up with Barney and Teletubbies to sing along with. It looks like there's hope for quality kid entertainment!



Carrie

6 comments:

Project Denneler said...

Hey, at least Barney and the Teletubbies don't dance around in their underwear, driving a hip-hop low-rider car. That video is crazy.

Craig, Carrie, Luka and Zoe Lindeman said...

I want to apologize to anyone who watched that video. But I can't. I had to listen to it 17 times last night (with Carrie's laughter growing stronger each time). And if that's not enough, I had to listen to her sign it as she got ready for work this morning.

Unknown said...

I am afraid to watch the video, but happy belated birthday Carrie! I toasted to your honor with a pina colada in belize. Shayna

The AZ Zs said...

That video is disturbing, Carrie. I think I will have nightmares tonight. Can't that bear pull his pants up all the way?

Anonymous said...

Craig,
Doesn't your computer have parental blockouts?

Anonymous said...

It's got a catchy beat! Bet the baby was bouncing along with it.
Mimi