Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh, what a year can do (aka Happy Belated Father's Day Craig!)



Last year at this time, we were always nervous to take Park out in public in fear of him crying and not being able to soothe him. We were still getting comfortable with bathing the little newborn in a bath full (kind of) of water. And we were consulting books left and right for how to get the baby to sleep when every night was a struggle.

My how things have changed.

The last year has been an amazing experience to watch Craig embrace fatherhood with everything he has, just as he does all of his passions (hugging trees, exercise, photography ... ).

Now, when Park has one of his rare fits out in public, Craig pulls out his bag of tricks to make Park happy (including doing things in public that I never thought I'd see him do). Bath time is no longer intimidating, either - this is Craig and Park's special time to play, splash and try out new hairstyles. And forget the Baby Whisperer. Craig has always been the one that could soothe Park back to sleep in one try after I've been in for several attempts.

I'm so lucky to have this guy as my co-captain in parenthood. And I'm so happy Park gets to grow up with him as a role model. I'm also just a little bit nervous at what the two of them together will throw my way.

Happy belated Father's Day, Craig.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have Craig as your co-captain. We think he's a terrific Dad and we know Park thinks that, too.
Mimi

Anonymous said...

No question, you both are insync with your thoughts on parenting.

Anonymous said...

Love that picture!