Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's the complete opposite of Martha Stewart? Me.

A decorator I am not. Every year, I tell Craig that we're going to have the best Halloween decorations ever (it's his favorite holiday) and I make grand plans for creating a winter wonderland (my favorite holiday). Every year, after we've put away the plastic pumpkin full of candy (our one "scary" decoration) and the little trees I've had since my first apartment 12 years ago, I tell myself that the next year will really be spectacular. No excuses.

Now that we have a little one, there's real pressure to do it up right. We're creating memories, people! With just a few months to go until October, I figure I better start thinking about it now. Heck, the stores have had Christmas decorations up since last month.

Will I live up to the task? Will this be the best decorated house on Jacqueline Street in 2010? Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'll use this house as my inspiration for every day decorating. Vintage and wall paper really aren't my style, but there are so many other neat things about this house. Maybe if I start taking baby steps it won't be so intimidating.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I'll be sure to stop by at both Halloween and Christmas to keep you accountable :)