Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Barfday, Craig!

I can't speak for the guy, but I'm pretty sure Craig had a crappy birthday yesterday. It all started late Thursday night when he woke up not feeling quite right -- achy, sweating and sour stomach. Within an hour or so, he said goodbye to his 15-year no-barfing streak. Yes, 15 years and the guy hasn't vomited. Can you believe it? He spent all day Friday under the covers, trying to get back to normal before his birthday on Saturday. Saturday came and he put on a happy face for the few minutes we saw him, but his appetite and energy weren't up to speed. He was able to exert just enough to open gifts late yesterday, but the chocolate I'm-going-to-have-to-run-10-miles-to-work-this-off cake I made is just sitting there uneaten. I didn't even take one photo yesterday to capture the un-birthday spirit. Pathetic.

On behalf of all birthday lovers everywhere, I'm demanding a do-over.

Happy birthday anyway, Craig. Here's to many, many more. May they all be 100 times better than this year's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry he's under the weather. You definitely get a do-over when you're sick on your birthday! I say, party all week.
Mickey

Anonymous said...

Oh man. That sucks Craig!!! This reminds me of when T had shingles this year on his birthday. Good times. Do it over when he recovers!! Shayna

Jenna said...

I totally vote for a do-over. Maybe a weekend long celebration next weekend?

Anonymous said...

Poor guy, still look pale Sunday noon. It didn't help plummenting down the stairs with Park.
His back still hurting, he was insistent that he was going to take his run. Rain chased him home. I am glad because clearly he needed more R&R.

You will have more birthdays, but you will remember the one that broke your 15 year no-vomiting streak.

4 and Happy Birthday,
Mom