Monday, March 31, 2008

How the Knot was Tied

It's impossible to share over 300 photos and a weekend's worth of stories in one blog post. So here's the short version of Erin and Scott's wedding weekend.

Rehearsal Dinner



While Scott's dad was keeping the wine flowing in the front of the trolley on the ride to the rehearsal in downtown K.C., the flower girls were in the back of the trolley getting down to the music. Dinner took place afterwards at Nick & Jake's in Leawood. Several of us took the opportunity to toast the happy couple -- and I was thrilled that I didn't need my wing man (Craig) to finish mine for me.



Pretty in Pink ... Brown and White




With shoes as cute as these, can you really blame us girls for having a shoe fetish?



An hour before this photo was taken, Kailey, Megan, Erin and I were in the car singing Girl Scout camp songs. There's nothing like "the littlest worm" before show time.



Yep, this guy saves lives.



Let there be cake (even if it does have a power cat on it).



It's all fun and games until the photographer makes you go up on the roof when it's 30 degrees out.





Here, Erin plays it safe with not only one back-up garter, but two. When I got married, I wore mom's garter belt along with mine. Erin wanted to play along, too. Some call it tradition. Others might call it crazy.



Party Time

Like Craig said at the reception, "this is the happiest I've ever seen Erin."



There wasn't an actual dance at the wedding, but a few of the kids and I were inspired to bust a move to the string quartet.



Cheers to the happy couple!



Carrie

No comments: