Monday, March 10, 2008

One bad ass, muscle-bound, bundle of wheat.


Today we shot some footage for a new TV spot intended to highlight all of the various forms of research conducted regularly at Wichita State—research that each year means hundreds of jobs to the city of Wichita and tens of millions of dollars in revenue (in fact, WSU is #3 in aerospace engineering grants, ahead of universities like MIT … just in case you were curious). Any way, one of the highlights of the day was a shot we did inside the wind tunnel of the National Institute for Aviation Research. What made it so great was that the people down at Big Dog Motorcycles were kind enough to lend us a bike for WU to ride/sit on.

Honestly, I couldn't believe it, all I had to do was make one call and from there it was "what do you want, and when do you need it?" Amazing. I couldn't thank them enough. Actually everyone I have hit up for this campaign has been great, last week we even shot with the mayor during the City Council's weekly meeting.

But today my inner wannabe bad ass was brought to the surface because this bike was just so damn cool. In fact, after the shoot, when they fired it up to get it back on the truck, I ripped the sleeves off my shirt and shanked a guy in the gut … while humming Steppenwolf.

Seriously, if you ever find yourself in the market, I highly recommend picking one up (www.bdm.com)

Craig

No comments: