Friday, March 14, 2008

Random thoughts from a wedding photographer

So the big wedding weekend is now at hand and while Carrie is out kicking off the festivities with a day of pampering I thought I'd use the down time to get in a quick post before my duties as official "party pic man" take full effect.

*First of all, let me just say how happy I am to be chosen as a supplemental photographer (meaning I'm not really responsible for anything important, I've just been told to take some "artsy" stuff). If it wasn't for this designation, I would likely be spending tomorrow as an usher, and honestly the only thing worse than that would be standing by that big feather pen at the guest book. Trust me, I've been an usher before and basically what it means is "you didn't quite make the cut to be in the actual wedding so, here, walk back and forth with some old ladies." It's a huge honor, made visible by the fact that you're the only one listed in the program that has worked up a sweat (and probably smells a little bit like mothballs).

*The other day on the way back from work I was behind an old beat up Altima with a big "Jesus loves you" bumper sticker plastered on the back. I didn't pay much attention to it until I saw it said something else under it, so I rolled up a little closer. It was then that I discovered that it actually read "Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole." I found this to be a much more touching sentiment.

*Oh, and while we're on the topic of religion, Carrie and I saw "U23D" a couple of weeks ago and it was incredible. It's probably not for everyone, since it's basically just a full concert shot in 3D but it definitely captured the mood of attending a U2 show and was enough to hold me over until the next tour. Until then, we have the Police and Elvis Costello coming up in a month or so with a little Sheryl Crow sprinkled in between.

Alright, that's enough for now, I've got to go read Carrie's toast for tonight in case emotions get the best of her and I'm forced to take over (she's not comfortable with me ad libbing on her behalf).

Craig

No comments: